- Lufthansa Technik does not collect personally identifiable information through the Internet or otherwise unless you explicitly choose to provide this information. If Lufthansa Technik collects information, this will only be for clearly specified purposes.
- When you choose to provide us with information, it is kept strictly confidential. We do not sell, share or in any way disclose the information obtained for specific purposes to third parties unless obliged to do so by law and/or legal proceedings (e.g., court orders).
- The data our customers provide us with is discarded as soon as the original purpose is no longer relevant or the customer informs us that he/she desires the data to be discarded.
- Whenever Lufthansa Technik collects personal data, the latest security technology is used. Currently, a SSL is in use to make sure that third parties (e.g., ISPs, network companies, …) cannot access the content transmitted via the Internet.
- We make every effort to keep data given to us accurate and up to date, and we will process requests for updates quickly and reliably.
- We make sure that our staff are trained to adhere to these standards. Our employees sign a confidentiality declaration.
In order to optimize and personalize our online services to meet your needs, we employ a technology called cookies for personalized sessions. We assure you that we discard this information as soon as you terminate the session. The information collected to optimize our Internet site (e.g., domain name, pages viewed, number of visits, time spent on our site) is only used to improve the website and its content. The analysis of this data preserves the anonymity of our customers.
Data from individual uses of our website is stored for error analysis. This information is used solely for correcting errors and analyzing attacks and is deleted after a two week storage deadline.
A cookie is a small element of data that can be exchanged between an Internet site and a client’s browser. It can be stored on either side to enable the Internet application to recognize the client on return. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, and you may choose to accept the cookie or not. If you do not accept the cookie the corresponding Internet page cannot be accessed. If you accept the cookie, you can delete it after the session.
TLS (Transport Layer Security)
We use the TLS system (also known as SSL after its predecessor Secure Socket Layer), which ensures that confidential data cannot be viewed by third parties. In order to guarantee this standard of security, the Lufthansa Technik Internet server has been outfitted with a certificate that is standard for e-business. The certificate was awarded by a security provider. In Lufthansa Technik’s case, this security provider was Entrust, Inc.
In Europe the following legislation applies to the subject of data privacy:
DIRECTIVE 95/46/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data
For Germany this directive is implemented by the “Bundesdatenschutzgesetz”. In addition, the following legislation is of relevance to this subject: “Teledienstegesetz” and “Teledienstedatenschutzgesetz”.
Lufthansa Technik has appointed Dr. Barbara Kirchberg-Lennartz as the data protection officer for Lufthansa Technik. She can be reached as follows:
Dr. Barbara Kirchberg-Lennartz
Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Dep.: FRA CY
This website uses etracker technology to collect visitor behavior data. The data is collected anonymously to be used for marketing and optimization purposes. All visitor data is saved using an anonymous user ID to aggregate a usage profile. Cookies may be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files that are stored in the visitor’s local browser cache. Using such cookies it is possible to recognize the visitor’s browser.
The data collected via etracker technology will not be used to determine the personal identity of the website visitor or compiled with personal data pertaining to the user of the pseudonym unless agreed to separately by the person concerned. The collection and storage of data may be refused at any time with respect to subsequent services (see “Link to other sites”).
You have the option of subscribing to a free newsletter on our website. When you subscribe, the data from the input screen is sent to us and processed:
- First name
- Last name
- Company name
The following data are also collected when you subscribe:
- Date and time of registration
In order to track user behavior, the following data are collected:
- Opening patterns
- Clicking patterns
Contact data and user behavior will be stored electronically at a German partner company – this data will be analyzed and processed only by Lufthansa Technik in order to improve customer service and in order to send out newsletters.
We process your data in connection with the newsletter in order to send news about topics from the Lufthansa Technik world that we think are interesting. We also process and use the given subscription and user behavior data for sending you newsletters with personalized and individualized content.
If a link in the newsletter takes you to our website, you also permit us to process and use your IP address, as well as geodata, web beacons and similar technologies, in order to verify whether the offers have met your requirements.
Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR forms the legal basis for data processing following the user’s subscription to the newsletter if the user has given consent.
Last modification 17 April 2018
Link to other sites